Friday, May 25, 2012

You Said It!

     We are now two weeks away from CXBL Central's Event 1 and I am starting to feel the hunger for the sidelines. I love the rushing adrenaline that practically oozes from the players, the eager voices shouting bunker calls and G's, and the excitement of watching amazing players go head-to-head. Paintball is much more than a sport; It's a culture. One in which your teammates become your family, the field becomes your home, and your only hunger is for a W.
     I may not get to battle it out on the field, but I am a sideline warrior. I could call bunker calls until I am blue in the face and anyone who knows me will tell you that I enjoy winning as much as the guys on the field. I live and breathe the sport, heck I LIVE with the sport! With a husband and two housemates who all play in the CXBL and a consistent stream of teammates and competition coming and going from our home, I HAVE to be well-versed in the sport in order to survive! Paintball is my culture too.

So this is why I've started crossing off the days on my calendar until Event 1. Why do you live for the sport? What does the culture mean to you? Post up.

Signing off,
The Paintball Wife


3 comments:

Damage said...

event 1 is one of the most important event of the yr. Could make or break the whole yr because most of the time the team that wins the season to move up is the team that wins all yr and doesnt loose a match. Everything u have been practicing all winter and the beginning of the summer before event 1 is all lay'd out on the field.Good luck to every team

Anonymous said...

Awesome comments and pump up speach for the season. I know that motivates me to play the best i can! Looking forward to event 1!

Keep up the great work

Anonymous said...

There's Nax for each division now... A lot better. Kind of like any other sport now you play for a playoff spot, you can throw away that 1 bad game and still be able to sleep at night knowing you'll get another shot at then in Nax.

I live for the sport because you get to travel around the nation with a group of guys and have the time of our life... Meet people you'd never meet before and do things you'd never do. Ya we have dead end jobs, but our weekends are like no other.