Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Plans for the 2012 Season

I have become connected to paintball through my husband who currently plays in the CXBL. While I do not play the sport myself, I love to watch it and I am always on the sidelines at events. Having a degree in English and a passion for writing I have decided to undertake the challenge of writing a paintball blog. I say challenge because I know some of you have already written me off for two reasons: A) I am a woman and B) I don't play the sport on a regular basis. While those are certainly valid points, I do have a passion for the sport and I would like to see it gain recognition and increase in number.

 To ensure that this blog will actually cover topics of interest to you-the players, I have set up a survey so that I have YOUR input. This will allow me to touch on issues that you deem important. This is still ongoing so you may yet complete it if you haven't had the chance. Simply visit http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22FM4VRDNVR. Your questions, comments, and suggestions will be welcomed at any time.


Since I do not play the sport, any opinions expressed will be from an observer/spectators point of view. This is my disclaimer-note it now. Should I cover any topics such as position specific strategies, skills, techniques, or gear, it will be discussed with various CXBL players and those with expertise in each area and will be written with their input.


I have already received some excellent input as to what you want to see in this blog and I will do my very best to ensure that this is a reader-influenced site. I will be looking for your comments and involvement on a regular basis to truly make this venture a success. 

I have already begun preparations for the 2012 season and you can look forward to reading pre-season interviews with a member from each CXBL team very soon! 

Thanks for your interest and support! Let's make this season one to remember! 

The Paintball Wife

No comments: